Rotary Roundup – July highlights
- Our first meeting in July saw the presentation of the annual report by President David and his induction for a second term. The Changeover was a relatively low-key affair, given that in August this year the club is hosting a Dinner celebrating the club’s 60th year of Charter.
- In his outgoing report David described a busy year in which we have inducted four new members to the club. Guest speakers spoke on numerous topics of interest and club business focused on assisting worthy causes in both our local and the global community. More specific business included organising a mural to display Kapunda Rotary’s contributions to our community, the planning and organisation of the Dinner celebrating 60 years from the formation of Kapunda Rotary, as well as the biennial Kidman Rotary Art Show.
- After his induction by Past President Brenton Diener, President David spoke of what he considered the club’s priorities for the coming year. Moving forward we would love to continue to increase our membership, please contact Kapunda Rotary Secretary, Deane Rohrlach, if interested in becoming part of our club. Another priority for this year is the development of a local major club project. President David then introduced Office Holders for the new Rotary Year who are Immediate Past President Mr Brenton Diener, Secretary Mr Deane Rohrlach, Treasurer Mr Ian Todd, Youth Service Mr Bill O’Brien, Rotary Foundation Mr Frank Ware and Bulletin/Public Relations Mrs Trish Sweet.
- Mrs Kristin Hodge was presented with a token of the club’s appreciation and the evening concluded with thanks and a toast to the supportive partners of Kapunda Rotary’s members from Ian Todd.
- Our other meeting of the month consolidated planning for the upcoming events, Kapunda Rotary 60th Celebration dinner and the Rotary Club of Kapunda Kidman Art Show.